If your Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (SGLI) claim was denied, our lawyers can review the details of your situation to determine if you can fight the insurance company’s decision and obtain benefits.
Do I have SGLI Coverage?
SGLI provides affordable life insurance to active servicemembers. You automatically have full-time SGLI coverage if you are one of the following:
- An active duty member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard
- A commissioned member of NOAA
- A commissioned member of the USPHS
- A cadet or midshipman of the U.S. military academies
- A member, cadet, or midshipman of the ROTC engaged in authorized training and practice cruises
- A member of the Ready Reserve or National Guard and are scheduled to perform at least 12 periods of inactive training per year
- A servicemember who volunteers for a mobilization category in the IRR
If eligible, you were automatically issued the maximum SGLI coverage and the monthly premium is automatically deducted from your base pay. SGLI coverage is also available in $50,000 increments up to the $400,000 maximum.
Unlike regular life insurance coverage for civilians, SGLI has very few exclusions. If your claim was denied, we can find out the reason behind the decision and whether we can do something about it.
Getting Help with SGLI Claim Issues
Our firm has a great track record of resolving cases for those who have had SGLI benefits disputes, denials, and delays. We handle SGLI claim issues involving:
- SGLI beneficiary disputes,
- Benefits entitlement of a surviving spouse,
- Divorce agreements and SGLI claims,
- Denial of benefits due to forfeiture of SGLI claims,
- Delayed SGLI claim decisions, and much more.
Not every lawyer has the experience and knowhow to successfully resolve SGLI claim denial issues. If you have had your claim denied or you experienced other issues with obtaining SGLI benefits, we can help. Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.
If you have questions, our firm can provide all the information in your free consultation. Call us toll-free today to seek the full life insurance benefits you deserve.
About Life Insurance Lawyers
Life Insurance Law, LLC is a nationwide network of attorneys who work with clients to recover denied or delayed life insurance claims.
We created this network to people get the benefits they deserve, even after their life insurance claims were denied or delayed.