Settlements We Have Won for Life Insurance Claim Victims
In the months since your relative passed away, one thing has become clear: the life insurance company is not going to pay out without a fight. Like many victims of life insurance company tricks, you’re probably thinking, “Do I really need to hire a lawyer, or can I get this settled on my own?”
In 2004, a study by the Insurance Resource Council found that insurance companies will pay policyholders more quickly—and up to 3.5 times the amount of the initial offer—when a lawyer is called in to dispute the case. This may because insurance companies know they will not be able to “blow off” members of the legal profession as easily as they do customers, but also because lawyers know how much cases are typically worth—and how much the insurance company would be willing to pay to avoid going to court.
Here are just a few cases the attorneys at Life Insurance Law have won for victims and their families:
- $2,600,000 unanimous jury verdict in Pennsylvania in a product liability action. Our lawyers argued against the defendant’s appeal to the Third Circuit and were able to have the clients’ verdict upheld.
- $1,640,000 total recovery in a product liability action involving a worker who got his hand crushed by a press brake while at work. Client also received a Worker’s Compensation settlement.
- $1,625,000 award and settlement in a combination medical malpractice, product liability and negligence case involving a death after being hit by a car display ramp. Our lawyers were able to obtain the full insurance policy limits from the product liability and negligence defendants, as well as the clients’ entire Underinsured auto policy. Our client also won an additional amount after a proceeding against the medical defendants.
- $1,010,000 recovery in a product liability action where a worker’s hand was caught in between rollers of a printing press. A lump sum Worker’s Compensation settlement was also achieved.
- $300,000 settlement in a dental malpractice case involving nerve injury incurred during an implant procedure.
- $440,000 settlement in a medical malpractice action involving the failure to timely diagnose testicular torsion.
- $231,000 Arbitration Award for a broken hip, which resulted when teenagers involved in horseplay ran into and knocked down the plaintiff. Our lawyers were able to recover the entire award from homeowner’s policies.
- $350,000 recovery in a New Jersey medical malpractice case involving a perforated esophagus.
- $450,000 recovery for client who had a kidney removed as a consequence of a nicked ureter during bowel obstruction surgery.
- $300,000 settlement against a third party for a client who slipped on a waxy floor while working.
- $181,000 recovery for a client who was waiting for a Septa train and had a young man fall on top of him from the level above. The defendants included Septa, the young man and his parent, and the company which installed the glass wall in question.
- $650,000 medical negligence settlement involving the failure to properly care for a patient with tuberculosis.
- $800,000 settlement on the first day of trial in a medical negligence case involving the failure of a family medicine practice to properly care for and treat a patient with a cardiac condition, despite the patient having various known risk factors.
- $375,000 recovery against a psychiatrist for failure to properly treat a suicide victim.
- $500,000 recovery in a medical malpractice case involving the failure to properly respond to a “code.”
At Life Insurance Law, we know many people are tempted to “go it alone” against the insurance company, thinking that hiring a lawyer is one more headache they will have to deal with. That’s why we answer all of your questions in your free consultation, making sure we are the right lawyers for your case.
Our dedicated team of attorneys has experience getting insurance companies to pay out fast. While we handle all the business matters, you get the time you need to be there for your family.
For a free consultation on your case, call Life Insurance Law’s toll-free number today.