Deputing a denied life insurance claim in Alabama.
The attorneys at Life Insurance Law work to recover full compensation for life insurance beneficiaries in Alabama. If your life insurance claim has been denied or delayed, contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Our life insurance lawyers live and work in Alabama. You can expect the following from your Alabama life insurance lawyer:
- A free case evaluation where we go over the facts of your claim in detail.
- Explanation of all legal terms and documents.
- An attorney who will contact your provider to get a delayed claim paid fast.
- Full disclosure on court costs and attorney fees before you agree to retain counsel.
Many claims will be denied by providers based on material misrepresentation. This means that the policyholder provided false information, such as age or health history, that makes the policy invalid. In these cases, an Alabama life insurance lawyer can help you appeal the decision and may still be able to recover the full amount of your claim.
How am I protected by state insurance laws in Alabama?
The U.S. Constitution gives the federal government the power to regulate interstate commerce. In the case of life insurance policies, the federal government has largely allowed the states to take the duties of regulating the insurance industries and of providing consumer protection.
The state of Alabama has life insurance laws to help protect consumers. Here is a summary of some of these Alabama life insurance laws. Of course, you should definitely contact us to discuss your case specifically and see how state laws impact your particular situation.
Title 27 of the Code of Alabama is the primary regulating force behind the insurance industry within the state of Alabama, but other legal provisions have also been adopted as consumer protection laws. The Alabama Department of Insurance provides oversight for the insurance business in the state.
The most important rules that may apply in your case are:
- The “free look” period. Any Alabama resident buying a life insurance policy has at least 10 days to back out of coverage and receive a full refund of any premiums he has paid. No penalty can be charged for backing out of the contract during the free look period. Some insurance companies may grant a longer period, but the law guarantees you will at least ten days to change your mind.
- 30-day payment grace period. This ensures that a Alabama life insurance policy cannot be canceled due to a reasonably late payment. The policyholder has 30 days to make the payment, during which time the provider cannot cancel the policy or deny coverage.
- Your benefits are guaranteed even if the insurer goes out of business. Life insurance policies that are current are backed by the Alabama Life and Disability Insurance Guaranty Association. You must be up-to-date on paying your premiums, and the insurer must be properly licensed to operate in Alabama. In the event that your life insurance company becomes insolvent, we can work with the Guaranty Association to compensate your policy. This guarantee is limited to $100,000 per individual for lost cash value, or $300,000 maximum for all lost benefits, even if the deceased person was insured for a larger amount or covered under multiple policies.
Why you should work with us
The attorneys at Life Insurance Law work with clients across the country to recover denied and delayed life insurance claims. Whether we agree on a settlement or take your case to court, our attorneys will fight for your best interests every step of the way.
If your insurance claim has been denied or delayed, call our offices today to get advice from an Alabama life insurance attorney.